The procedure is completely safe and is never in contact with the skin. During the session you may listen to music or take a nap.
If the lashes are cared for properly they can last between 6-8 weeks. We will give you easy instructions on how to care for them and recommendations on using natural products to make sure your natural lashes remain healthy and strong.
The turnover rate for the average eyelash is 2 months. We recommend you get a refill every 2-3 weeks for maintenance-- just like your nails.
Although not required, mascara may be worn, but it MUST be water-based mascara only. DO NOT USE OIL BASED MASCARA, ONLY WATER BASED. The adhesive will bind with the oils and decrease the effectiveness of it causing them to fall out sooner. Also, use water based mascara remover.
The adhesive and lashes are completely water proof, so you may shower, swim, exercise, wash face, etc. Do not get the adhesive wet within 12-24 hrs of application.
You will feel your new lashes are completely natural and cannot tell that you are wearing them, nor will others--- unless of course you tell them.
How Do I Take Care of My New Lashes?
- For the first 24 hours after application do not touch, or get your eyelashes wet with water, sweat or steam.
- Avoid oily products near or on your eyelashes. Anything oily degrades the adhesive. This includes makeup, eye creams, serums, lotion etc.
- Do not curl or perm lashes.
- Do not pull your lashes, this may risk your natural lashes coming out prematurely. If you want them removed, please come in and we will use a special removing agent.
- Cleanse face nightly so lashes are clean while you sleep.
- Be gentle on your lashes, avoid sleeping on your face. (whichever side you sleep on, you'll experience more lash loss.)
- Maintain lashes with regular appointments.